Energy nougat sport bar
With carbohydrates for a prolonged energy supply during exercise.
- Contains carbohydrates (72%) for a long-lasting energy supply during exertion
- Can be used as a carbohydrate-rich snack
- Enriched with almonds and honey
- Contains magnesium, which contributes to a normal energy metabolism and reduces tiredness and fatigue
The amount of available carbohydrates is a performance-determining factor for endurance and high-intensity intermittent exercise (alternating exercise and short breaks). That is why it is important to complement carbohydrates during this type of exercise. They make sure that the blood glucose level is maintained during the exercise and complement the muscle glycogen.
These energy bars are suitable for both before and during the exercise. Before the exercise the athlete's body must contain the highest possible level of carbohydrates. This is achieved by eating food rich in carbohydrates the days before the competition or heavy training (= carbo-loading) and by eating a carbohydrate-rich meal 1.5 to 4h before the competition. The Etixx Energy bars can be eaten as a snack the days before the competition and during or shortly after the pre-competition meal.
If no carbohydrates would be taken during long-term efforts, muscle glycogen stores would be depleted after ~90min. How many carbohydrates should I take during exercise?
- Exercises < 1h(15): not necessary to consume carbohydrates during exercise .
- Exercises 1-2h: 30g carbohydrates per hour (~1 energy bar)
- Exercises 2-3h: 60g carbohydrates per hour (~2 energy bars)
- Exercises >2.5-3h: up to 90g carbohydrates per hour (~up to 3 energy bars)
The Etixx Energy Nougat is enriched with honey and almonds and contains 29g of carbohydrates per bar. So it provides the energy needed to perform optimally. Magnesium, which contributes to a normal energy metabolism and reduces fatigue, has also been added.
Instructions for use
|As carbo-loading||1 bar (as a snack)|
|10min. BEFORE||1 bar|
|DURING||1 to 2 bars per hour of exercise*|
* 1 to 2 bars provide 29 and 58g carbohydrates respectively.
sugar, glucose syrup, almonds (20%), honey (2%), egg white, wafer paper (potato starch, olive oil), magnesium oxide (0,24%), natural vanilla extract.
|Nutritional information||Per 100g||Per bar
|Of which sugars (g)||65||26|
|Per 100g||Per bar (40g)|
|Vitamins and minerals||% RI||% RI|