Following an intense training session, a repair process is started in your body. This includes topping up the glycogen stores (carbohydrates) in the muscles and the liver, replenishing fluids and vitamins & minerals and producing new muscle protein, red blood cells & other cellular components. If you want to be pro-active and optimise your recovery process, it is important to get the right type of food into your body as soon as possible.
The Etixx Recovery Shake is a rich mixture of whey protein isolate, carbohydrates and vitamins & minerals that will help your body to recover and rebuild. The recipe provided below, for delicious Etixx Recovery Balls, contains Etixx Recovery Shake as a basic ingredient. Easy to prepare ahead of time and an easy way to consume the Etixx Recovery Shake after training or a match.
INGREDIENTS FOR 10 ETIXX RECOVERY BALLS:
- 12 dates
- 50 grams Etixx Recovery Shake Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 2 tablespoon water
- Place the almonds and walnuts in a blender and mix to form fine grains. Set this mixture aside.
- Place the dates in a blender and mix to form a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, combine the date paste, the cocoa powder, the shredded coconut, the mixed walnuts & almonds and the water.
- Knead these ingredients by hand to form a smooth paste.
- Roll the mixture into balls of the desired size.
- To finish, you can roll the balls in a layer of shredded coconut, hemp seeds, sweet cocoa nibs, chia seeds, ...
You can store these Etixx Recovery Balls in the refrigerator. Eat them within half an hour of exercising to optimise your recovery. You can use the same recipe to make Etixx Protein Balls, by replacing the Etixx Recovery Shake in the list of ingredients with the Etixx High Protein Shake.