- Balanced formula with 4 electrolytes
- To replace lost electrolytes that occurs through sweating
- Low in calories
- No added sugars
- Light and refreshing raspberry taste
Etixx Sport Hydro Tab contains electrolytes to replace what you lose through sweat. During exercise, your body sweats to help regulate body temperature. This loss of fluid can be extremely detrimental to performance and therefore athletes must compensate by drinking to replace lost fluids. Without replacing lost fluids, it is likely that dehydration will occur. This can cause a headache, overheating and in serious cases a loss of concentration and ability to perform.
When we sweat, we not only lose fluid but we also lose key electrolytes namely sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and chloride. These electrolytes all have important physiological functions and therefore athletes should replace these alongside the fluid that they are losing. In particular, sodium is very important for athletes to consume as it plays a role in the stimulation of thirst and in fluid retention.
The Etixx Hydro Sport Tab allows the replenishment of 4 major electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium) in a similar proportion to what we lose through sweat. This low calorie effervescent tablet is specially formulated to prepare a sports drink which could help athletes to rehydrate without the extra carbohydrates. The tablet is designed to help prevent dehydration and also restore fluid balance in hot and humid conditions.
Who will benefit from using the Etixx Sport Hydro Tab?
The Etixx Sport Hydro Tabs are ideal for all athletes who need a drink to maintain hydration levels without consuming the extra calories. It is definitely recommended for:
-hot and humid conditions, tropical temperatures
-salty sweaters (characterized by white sweat circles on clothes)
-athletes who show signs of dehydration (dry mouth, thirst, headache, overheating, concentration loss, cramps,…)
Out of stock
Product not available at this moment
Instructions for use
- - In a tropical climate it is advised to also consume the Etixx Sport Hydro Tab the days before the competition. One to 2 tabs during the pre-competition day .
- - In hot weather, it is recommended that you drink 0.5-1l per hour of exercise. The best strategy is to drink 125-250ml every 15 minutes.
- - When extra carbohydrates are needed, the Etixx Sport Hydro Tab can be
alternated withEtixx Isotonic (35g
- powder in 500ml water) or the Etixx Isotonic Energy Gel (1gel/350ml water).
- - Exercises <1h: no extra carbohydrates needed
- - Exercises 1-2h: 30 g carbohydrates per hour exercise
(= 1 Energy Sport Bar or 1 Energy Gel or 1 sachet Sport Gummies or 500ml Isotonic)
- - Exercises 2-3h: 60 g carbohydrates per hour exercise
(Combination of 2 of the following products: 1 Energy Sport Bar, 1 Energy Gel, 1 sachet Sport Gummies, 500ml Isotonic)
- - Exercises >3h: up to 90 g carbohydrates per hour exercise
(Combination of 3 of the following products: 1 Energy Sport Bar, 1 Energy Gel, 1 sachet Sport Gummies, 500ml Isotonic)
- - Fluid loss must be replenished after exercise. It is recommended that
you drink 1.5L
(combination of Recovery Shake, water, Isotonic, Sport Hydro Tab) for each kilogram you lose of body weight and preferably within 2 to 4 hours after exercise.
- - Drink 500 ml Recovery Shake immediately after exercise
- - Drink 1 L water/Isotonic/Water + Sport Hydro Tab within 2-4h
effervescent tablet in 500 ml of water per hour exercise|
Drink at least 500 ml water per hour exercise.
In case of excessive sweating or hot temperatures: dissolve 1 effervescent tablet in 500 ml water.
NOTE: it can optionally also be taken before and/or after exercise.
e.g. Suppose you lose 1 kg during exercise, then it is recommended to drink 1.5L within 2-4h after exercise.
|per 100 g||per tablet (6 g)|
|Energy||135 kcal (564 kJ)||8 kcal (34 kJ)|
|Fat||0 g||0 g|
|of which saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||3 g||0.2 g|
|of which sugars||1.1 g||0.1 g|
|Protein||0 g||0 g|
|Salt||34.66 g||2.08 g|
|Sodium||13825 mg||829.85 mg|
|Potassium||2882 mg (144% RI*)||173 mg (8.7% RI*)|
|Calcium||1716 mg (215% RI*)||103 mg (12.9% RI*)|
|Magnesium||733 mg (195% RI*)||44 mg (11.7% RI*)|
|RI*= reference intake of |
an average adult
Acid: citric acid - Electrolytes: sodium carbonate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate - Flavour (milk) - Colour: beet root juice powder - Bulking agent: inulin - Sweetener: sucralose.