- Carbohydrate-rich electrolyte isotonic drink
- Contributes to the absorption of water during exercise
- Replaces electrolytes
- Ideal isotonic thirst-quencher for hot weather
- Almost pH-neutral to prevent an upset stomach
- With potassium and magnesium which contribute to normal muscle function
During exercise, your body sweats to help regulate body temperature. This loss of fluid can be extremely detrimental to performance and therefore athletes must compensate by drinking to replace lost fluids. Not only that, but when we sweat we lose key electrolytes such as potassium and magnesium which are essential for performance. They must also be replaced to encourage moisture retention and stimulate thirst.
In addition to this, performance in prolonged exercise is reliant on the availability of muscle glycogen and therefore it can be important to take on carbohydrates during exercise to replenish fuel stores. If no carbohydrates were consumed during prolonged or intense efforts, muscle glycogen stores would be depleted afterapprox. 90min. The amount of carbohydrate you should take during exercise depends on the length of the session or event.
- Exercises < 1h(15):not necessary to consume carbohydrates during exercise .
- Exercises 1-2h:30 g carbohydrates per hour exercise.(~500 ml Isotonic)
- Exercises 2-3h:60 g carbohydrates per hour exercise.(~1 L Isotonic)
- Exercises >2.5-3h:up to 90 g carbohydrates per hour exercise. (~Up to 1.5 L Isotonic)
The Etixx Isotonic contains both maltodextrin and fructose. Research has shown that consuming multiple sources of carbohydrate can increase the absorption of fuel into the body as they use different transporters to cross the intestinal wall (Jeukendrup 2010)1.
Therefore, during exercise, this would provide your body with more fuel in a shorter time compared to the ingestion of one sugar alone.
In the Etixx Isotonic formula, there is a 2:1 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose. This has the advantage that:
- more consumed carbohydrates are oxidized
- the stomach will empty faster
- fluid absorption is higher
- there is a lower risk of gastrointestinal complaints.
1 Jeukendrup A. Carbohydrate and exercise performance: the role of multiple transportable carbohydrates. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care 2010; 13(4): 452-457.
Who will benefit from drinking the Etixx Isotonic?
The isotonic thirst quencher is a drink that is suitable for all athletes who need to quickly restore fluid balance and replenish energy and electrolytes. It can be of benefit to all athletes, from explosive sports such as sprinters, to team sports, to endurance athletes. It is also the ideal sports drink for training and competing in hot weather.
Out of stock
Product not available at this moment
Instructions for use
before the game/training: dissolve 35 g (2 scoops) in 500 ml of water|
15 min before the game/training: dissolve 17.5 g (1 scoop) in 250 ml of water
|DURING||Dissolve 35 g (2 scoops) in 500 ml of water|
- - In hot weather, it is recommended that you drink 0.5-1 L per hour of exercise. The best strategy is to drink 125-250 ml every 15 minutes.
- - Fluid loss must be replenished after exercise. Monitor your hydration status by checking your urine colour. It should be a light straw colour for optimal hydration.
- - An alternative for the Etixx Isotonic is to dissolve the Isotonic Energy Gel in 350 ml water.
|Nutritional values||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.01||0||0||0||0||0|
|Carbohydrate (g) *||88.8||31.1||89.1||31.2||86.7||30.4|
*Orange-Mango: Matlodextrin 36.8% - Saccharose 20% - Fructose 20% - Dextrose 14%
*Watermelon: Maltodextrin 36.4% - Saccharose 20% - Fructose 20% - Dextrose 14%
*Lemon: Maltodextrin 33.9% - Saccharose 20% - Fructose 20% - Dextrose 14%
|Vitamins and minerals||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g|
|Vitamin C (mg)||229||80|
Maltodextrin - Fructose - Saccharose - Dextrose - Potassium phosphate - Sodium chloride - Flavour - Magnesium citrate - Natural colouring agent: beta-carotene - ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) Acidity regulators: malic acid, citric acid
Maltodextrin -Fructose - Saccharose - Dextrose - Potassium phosphate -Flavour - Sodium chloride - Magnesium citrate - Natural colouring agent: beetroot powder - Acidity regulator: citric acid
Maltodextrin - Fructose - Saccharose - Dextrose - Potassium phosphate - Acidity regulator: citric acid - Sodium chloride - Flavour - Magnesium citrate - Natural flavour - Lime juice powder
- No gluten
- No lactose
- No soy
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans