- With whey protein concentrate which reduces muscle breakdown and supports muscle building.
- With whey protein to maintain normal muscle mass.
- Leucine metabolite
HMB or hydroxymethylbutyrate is a degradation product of the essential amino acid leucine and is produced in the human body. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, which in turn are the building blocks of a muscle. HMB can also be extracted from our food (e.g. citrus fruits, avocado, cauliflower, catfish). In order to reach a dose of 3 g HMB per day you should consume 600 g of high-quality protein.
Etixx HMB 1000 supplementation can contribute to an increase muscle mass, especially fat-free mass, and can have a positive effect on muscle strength.
Who can benefit from taking Etixx HMB 1000?
HMB is particularly beneficial in situations where a lot of muscle damage is caused. This could be the case:
- during strength training (explosive athletes such as sprinters, throwers, jumpers; weight lifters; body builders, etc.) and during resistance training (medium-distance runners, team andracket athletes)
- at the start of the preparation period- when training intensity significantly increases
- for untrained athletes, who are generally more susceptible to muscle damage than well-trained athletes
HMB can also be good for injured athletes as it can help to reduce muscle degradation and can also help athletes on a low calorie diet to maintain muscle mass.
Out of stock
Product not available at this moment
Instructions for use
It is recommended to take HMB chronically (long-term) for at least 2 weeks, both on training and non-training days.
The optimal dose is 3 g per day (4 tablets).
|in the morning||2 tablets|
|in the evening||2 tablets|
- - Etixx HMB 1000 is best used at the start of a competition preparation period and during heavy training periods.
- - It can help to support muscle mass and avoid degradation during a period of injury.
- - The effect of Etixx HMB 1000 and Creatine is cumulative, which means they will support and strengthen each other's effect (Jowko et al., 2001)1
- - Etixx HMB 1000 can best be combined with the Etixx Recovery Shake
1 Jówko, E., Ostaszewski, P., Jank, M., Sacharuk, J., Zieniewicz, A., Wilczak, J., & Nissen, S. Creatine and β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate (HMB) additively increase lean body mass and muscle strength during a weight-training program. Nutrition 2001, 17(7), 558-566.
Composition per 4 tablets:
Whey Protein concentrate
HMB (hydroxymethylbutyrate) - Bulking agents: Microcrystalline cellulose, Polyethylene glycol - Whey Protein concentrate (from milk) - Glazing agent: Monoglyceride.
Allergen information: see ingredients in bold