Isotonic sports drink rich in carbohydrates, with a 2:1 (glucose:fructose) sugar combination and with electrolytes.
- The 2:1 formula (maltodextrin: fructose) makes it possible to consume larger amounts of carbohydrates
- Sodium ensures that moisture is retained better in the body
and stimulates thirst
- Ideal isotonic thirst-quencher for hot weather
- pH-neutral to prevent upset stomach
- Choice of 4 flavours: orange, orange-mango, lemon and watermelon
During exercise, your body sweats to help regulate body temperature. This loss of fluid can be extremely detrimental to performance and therefore athletes must compensate by drinking to replace lost fluids. Not only that, but when we sweat we lose key electrolytes such as potassium and magnesium which are essential for performance. They must also be replaced to encourage moisture retention and stimulate thirst.
In addition to this, performance in prolonged exercise is reliant on the availability of muscle glycogen and therefore it can be important to take on carbohydrates during exercise to replenish fuel stores. If no carbohydrates were consumed during prolonged or intense efforts, muscle glycogen stores would be depleted afterapprox. 90min. The amount of carbohydrate you should take during exercise depends on the length of the session or event.
- Exercises < 1h(15):not necessary to consume carbohydrates during exercise .
- Exercises 1-2h:30 g carbohydrates per hour exercise.(~500 ml Isotonic)
- Exercises 2-3h:60 g carbohydrates per hour exercise.(~1 L Isotonic)
- Exercises >2.5-3h:up to 90 g carbohydrates per hour exercise. (~Up to 1.5 L Isotonic)
The Etixx Isotonic contains both maltodextrin and fructose. Research has shown that consuming multiple sources of carbohydrate can increase the absorption of fuel into the body as they use different transporters to cross the intestinal wall (Jeukendrup 2010)1.
Therefore, during exercise, this would provide your body with more fuel in a shorter time compared to the ingestion of one sugar alone.
In the Etixx Isotonic formula, there is a 2:1 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose. This has the advantage that:
- more consumed carbohydrates are oxidized
- the stomach will empty faster
- fluid absorption is higher
- there is a lower risk of gastrointestinal complaints.
1 Jeukendrup A. Carbohydrate and exercise performance: the role of multiple transportable carbohydrates. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care 2010; 13(4): 452-457.
Who will benefit from drinking the Etixx Isotonic?
The isotonic thirst quencher is a drink that is suitable for all athletes who need to quickly restore fluid balance and replenish energy and electrolytes. It can be of benefit to all athletes, from explosive sports such as sprinters, to team sports, to endurance athletes. It is also the ideal sports drink for training and competing in hot weather.
Instructions for use
Dissolve 35g powder (2 scoops = 35g powder) in 500ml of water. Drink at least 500 ml per hour effort. In warmer conditions and during intensive exercise, it is recommended to drink 750 ml up to 1 l per hour.
35g powder contains: Maltodextrin 11.9 g - Sucrose 7 g - Fructose 7 g - Dextrose 4.9 g -Potassium phosphate - Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid - Sodium Chloride - Flavour - Magnesium citrate - Natural flavour - Lime juice powder
|Nutritional values||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.01||0||0||0||0||0|
|Carbohydrate (g) *||88.8||31.1||89.1||31.2||86.7||30.4|
*Orange-Mango: Matlodextrin 36.8% - Saccharose 20% - Fructose 20% - Dextrose 14%
*Watermelon: Maltodextrin 36.4% - Saccharose 20% - Fructose 20% - Dextrose 14%
*Lemon: Maltodextrin 33.9% - Saccharose 20% - Fructose 20% - Dextrose 14%
|Vitamins and minerals||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g||Per 100 g||Per 35 g|
|Vitamin C (mg)||229||80|